The facts we hate: we'll never meet. Walking down the road, everybody yelling "hurry up, hurry up!" But I'm waiting for you, I must go slow. I must not think bad thoughts. When is this world coming to? Both sides are right but both sides murder. I give up; why can't they?

I must not think bad thoughts. I must not think bad thoughts. I must not think bad thoughts.

The civil wars and the uncivilized wars. Conflagrations leap out of every poor furnace. The food cooks poorly and everyone goes hungry. From then on it's dog eat dog, dog eat body, & body eat dog. I can't go down there. I can't understand it. I'm a no good coward & American too. Not a South American. Not a Central American. Not an Alien American. Not a Native American.

Oh I must not think bad thoughts. I must not think bad thoughts.

I'm guilty of murder of innocent men, innocent women, innocent children, thousands of them! MY PLANES, MY GUNS, MY MONEY, MY SOLDIERS, MY BLOOD ON MY HANDS, IT'S ALL MY FAULT!

I must not think bad thoughts. I must not think bad thoughts. I must not think bad thoughts.

The facts we hate: you'll never
hear us . . .



©1983 John Doe & Exene Cervenka


No comments:

Post a Comment